I love seventeen magazine and right now they have an amazing pledge going on!
A pledge that could forever change the way we look and feel about ourselves.
The following pledge comes from here
- Do the little things that will keep my body healthy, like walking instead of hanging on the couch, or drinking water rather than something sugary.
- Appreciate what makes my body different from anyone else's. I love that I'm unique on the inside, I will try to feel that way about the outside too!
- Wear makeup only when I want to and it feels fun. I won't use it to hide the real me!
- Accept that my body will go through changes, and that's okay.
- Support my friends, who just like me, have their own body issues. Hey, we're all in this together!
- Put my energy toward the things in life I care about instead of wasting another ounce of it on my insecurities.
- Remember that the sun will still rise tomorrow even if I had one too many slices of pizza or an extra scoop of ice cream tonight.
- Never blame my body for the bad day I'm having.
- Stop joining in when my friends compare and trash their own bodies.
- Never allow a dirty look from someone else to influence how I feel about my appearance.
- Quit judging a person solely by how his or her body looks — even if it seems harmless — because I'd never want anyone to do that to me.
- Notice all the amazing things my body is doing for me every moment I walk, talk, think, breathe...
- Quiet that negative little voice in my head when it starts to say mean things about my body that I'd never tolerate anyone else saying about me.
- Remind myself that what you see isn't always what you get on TV and in ads — it takes a lot of airbrushing, dieting, money, and work to look like that.
- Remember that even the girl who I'd swap bodies with in a minute has something about her looks that she hates.
- Respect my body by feeding it well, working up a sweat when it needs it, and knowing when to give it a break.
- Realize that the mirror can reflect only what's on the surface of me, not who I am inside.
- Know that I'm already beautiful just the way I am.
- Not let my size define me. It’s far better to focus on how awesome I look in my jeans than the number on the tag.
- Surround myself with positive people. True friends are there to lift me up when I’m feeling low and won't bring me down with criticism, body bashing, or gossip.
- Accept the changes that my body is going through. I will celebrate my new shape and curves. I will rock what I've got!
- Remember that sometimes I will have down moments. And in those times, I will remind myself of how awesome I am by looking in the mirror and saying, "I'm good! I can do this! I'm number one!"
- Accept that beauty isn't just about my looks. It's my awesome personality and my energy that creates a whole, unique package.
So go take the pledge and come back to let me know you did,
cause we are all in this together! :)